I suggest you ...

provide content with more diversity - people of different ethnic/racial backgrounds etc. Communities are too WHITE!

We live in a very diverse society and the shows have almost only caucasians. That's not the world I live in or work in. And so it makes the story's even more unrealistic.

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PamPam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: While I love watching the Christmas movies, I would like to see more lead roles, not just the friend for African American actors.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why are all Christmas movies about Caucasian  ·   · 
    thequeenpin1thequeenpin1 shared a merged idea: Additional Actors and Actresses for Holiday movies  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: More people of colour as major characters in your TV films  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: More diversity in Christmas movies  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I am currently scanning through this app on Apple TV, and I don't see many African American shows. As a matter of fact I only see two, what!  ·   · 
    angelalyoungerangelalyounger shared a merged idea: Mystery with real life events and people of color  ·   · 
    Deborah AbernathyDeborah Abernathy shared a merged idea: Some black romance movies would be nice more of a variety.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why aren't there more diversity?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: More african-american leads in movies or shows.  ·   · 
    started  ·  LeviAdminLevi (Admin, Feeln) responded  · 

We are a diverse company ourselves, and welcome recommendations of diverse content on Feeln. Please add them to this thread and we’ll add what we’re able to.

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MisterGeezyMisterGeezy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of all I'm black and I see black people in 100% of these movies Always in some prominent role or at least with a speaking part. Black people are Not everywhere in large numbers. There are some places in America where really and truly, blacks do not live.

I saw one movie where the judge, police chief and the mayor was one black guy in a town that was 99% white.
        I see it all the time and it seems, to me, patronizing.
        What I'd like to see are more Asians and Hispanics.
        It'd be nice to see their culture too.
        Maybe 'they' should complain more.
        And for blacks who still feel left out even though we are in 95% of whatever is produced, movies, TV, commercials, why not make your own movies ?

• MisterGeezyMisterGeezy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm black and I see black people in 100% of these movies. Often it is grossly unrealistic. We are not every.
        In one movie the judge, police chief and mayor was the same black guy....in a 99% white town.
        C'mon.

• thequeenpin1thequeenpin1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Holidays are a time when families come together, and during the Fall months I look forward to tuning into your channel and watching your movies, however, I feel that it would be fair to the viewers that watch your Hallmark movies to include African Americans with lead parts. African Americans make your ratings go up just as much as your Caucasian viewers. Your movies are wonderful and enjoy watching them and hopefully you might take this suggestion into consideration. God bless you all!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each year it bothers me more and more to "not" see main characters be anything other than Caucasian. We have Asian children and while your movies are sweet, it would be so much better for our family to see others represented. Why not more African Americans or Asian Americans, for example?
        It bothers me so much this year, that I really can't watch like I used to. Each year, I watch less and less.

I would like to see more diversity. How about Asian Americans or African Americans?

Posted by Mignon H. Anderson
        My contact info was included with the comment, though not posted with the comment.

MNow that you finally have a Hallmark TV Channel Christmas movie that actually features African Americans as the principal characters - even though you have chosen a classic film story previously made, "The Preacher's Wife - now it's time for you to film and to feature several new originally produced Hallmark feature films depicting African American principal characters, as well as Latinos and Asians and American Indians, Americans all - not only for Christmas, but for
        other holidays, as well as situational stories about everyday life as experienced by American people of colour. Like white Americans, we graduate college, become professionals in various fields as well as regular working folk, we fall in and out of love, care about our families, fight for our country, and make a difference in many people's lives every day. Lots of us enjoy both Hallmark channels, but I''m sure we would watch even more if we could see ourselves in your heartrending TV movies. If I can add more perspective, please do call me. I want to help!

I rarely see any minorities in any of your Christmas movies. Given the diversity of people in the U.S., you would think your network would be more sensitive and begin changing up the lineup of movies from year to year. I have stopped watching the hallmark channel for this reason. I hope someone will actually read this and do something about it

I think you have a good line up but in a country with so many different groups I think you should highlight that with shows that match the diverse culture of this country and your viewing audience. Please Add more diverse shows along with those that provide historical content.

If you want me to watch this channel please include more content, very relevant content for the African-American viewers thank you

How about shows with American Indian actors. I see more Hispanic/Latino and black actors but rarely any American Indian actors.

• angelalyoungerangelalyounger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With everything that is going on in the news, we need programming that reflect everyone of all ages, gender and races.

• SueSue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've enjoyed Hallmark movies for years but my only issue is that I don't see people of color (Africian Americans, etc.) starring in any of these movies. They're co-starring on occasion but have small roles. There's a lot of talent out there, so I know that's not the problem. Please look into making this happen in the near future.

• LeShonLeShon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree...it would be nice to see people who look like me in the film offerings. That's the main thing that makes me consider bypassing, otherwise I LOVE feel-good films.

Our family love the Hallmark channels, the shows are good, wholesome and suuport our family values but we see very little african-american images.

Feedback and Knowledge Base