This error is typically the result of a hardware issue, which has become more common for Roku devices since the update to firmware 7.0. It can also show up as a purple screen whenever you try to watch anything on your Roku.
Here are a few steps to solve the issue:
1) Restart your Roku and your TV by unplugging them both from power for at least 10 seconds, then plug them back in and turn them on with the power button. Restarting your device is often enough to restore your ability to connect to our service.
2) Your device may be experiencing an HDCP issue. Follow the troubleshooting below to resolve any HDCP issues.
- Ensure that you are using an HDMI cable.
- Bypass any receivers or stereo equipment by connecting your device directly to your TV.
- Try reversing the ends or try a new HDMI cable.
- Try another HDMI port on your TV.
- If available, try an HDMI port on another TV.
3) Contact Roku customer support with any specific questions about your Roku device: https://support.roku.com/hc/en-us/articles/208756978-Contact-Support